“A Network for Latino Faculty, Staff, and Students”
!Hola y Bienvenidos!
The MU Voz Latina Faculty and Staff association is a vibrant organization dedicated to empower the Latino community of the University of Missouri and Columbia to lead and to achieve academic, professional, and personal success. Learn More
Join our Newsletter
Upcoming Events for 2017:
- Elections of Voz Latina Board Members will take place in January 2017. All active members can vote via email or in person. Details will be distributed in the weekly newsletter.
- Spanish Story Time / Hora de cuentos en familia at the Daniel Boone Regional Library (100 West Broadway), ages 2-5. Spring 2017 story times are on Saturdays from 10-10:30am:
- Jan. 14, Feb. 18, March 18, April 8, May 20.
- Monthly Pizza Parties!
Voz Latina will host monthly pizza parties as an informal social space for our members and any one who wants to join in the fun! Dates will be shared soon! The gatherings will be at 5pm in the ITAP at 308 S 9th St, Columbia.
Past 2016 Events
- Holiday Party on December 9
- Several events for Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Annual Latino Family Picnic: September 10 at 12pm. Download and share the Picnic Flyer.
Cena de Bienvenida/Welcome Dinner to new faculty and staff: August 27 at 6pm. All are welcome to join this second annual dinner to welcome new Latino and Hispanic faculty and staff to campus. This is an opportunity to meet newcomers as well as more established members of our community. This is an inclusive event – please feel free to share with those who are not yet members of MU Voz Latina!